CAREERS AT WELLINGTON BREWERY
As one of Canada’s original craft brewers, Wellington Brewery is independently owned and deeply rooted in our local community of Guelph, Ontario. Since 1985, we’ve been crafting our award-winning beers with a focus on quality, creativity, and balance. Our growing brewery offers an inclusive work environment that welcomes people from a wide variety of backgrounds. As a company we value creativity and connection, and provide a fun work culture that encourages our staff to learn more about craft beer, participate in workplace activities, and engage with the community at large. We believe in creating delicious and well-balanced craft beers that bring people together. If you share our values and passion for local craft beer we encourage you to join our crew!
Wellington Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected rights. We will attempt to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process, please just let us know and we will make sure your needs are met.
Wellington Brewery is committed to developing and maintaining a rich workplace culture where diversity and inclusion are a focus and every employee is treated fairly, with respect and dignity. We are also committed to providing opportunities for all employees to achieve their full potential as individuals and contribute to the success of the company. We understand that the wide range of experiences and perspectives resulting from such diversity promotes innovation and success. We believe that every industry would benefit by committing to these fundamental principles. Read our full code of conduct here
Wellington Brewery- Guelph, ON
About the Job:
- Manage and review daily accounting transactions including receivables, payables, journal entries, employee expenses and related alcohol taxes.
- Manage daily bank payments, prepare weekly cash flow forecasts, monthly bank reconciliation and ensure that bank accounts are adequately funded to meet disbursement requirements.
- Be the key point of contact for external audits, reply to government requests, prepare audit files, provide financial information and support as required.
- Responsible for government remittances and reporting and ensuring compliance with all government, legal, tax regulatory requirements.
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements to ensure finance function operates effectively and efficiently while ensuring continual improvements in cost and asset controls.
- Oversee month end accounting procedures to ensure timely closing including facilitating inventory calculations, evaluations, depreciation, margins and income and present to senior management and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the year end closing process including preparing reports and liaising with a third party accounting firm.
- Monitor and enforce Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Accounting department.
- Provide support for financial forecasts and budgets including collaborating with various stakeholders on inputs to prepare a robust forecast.
- Preparation of financial statements, monthly and yearly reporting to stakeholders.
- Work with Human Resource to record and reconcile payroll related accounts.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all departments, upholding federal, provincial, and legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation and adhering to ASPE.
- As a member of the senior leadership team support their reporting needs and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Present financial results and KPIs to stakeholders, including presentation of forecasts and explanation of variances between forecasts and actual results to the investment team.
- Provide strategic financial leadership on issues affecting the business including financial position, capital decisions, and plans for management.
- Manage accounting systems, including ensuring the enhancement, maintenance and optimization of finance systems and integrations.
The ideal candidate:
- You have a CPA designation with at least 6-8 years of post-qualification experience.
- Proven experience as Financial Controller.
- Proven track record of progressive financial experience in a leadership role and people management.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and combined with a curious and analytical mind.
- You are fully comfortable with your Microsoft Excel skills and working in advanced programming.
- You enjoy working independently and driving multiple projects simultaneously, while pulling in cross-functional teams for support, where needed.
- Experience with Sage and experience with implementation of new accounting software.
- You are able to effectively communicate (verbal and presentation) with stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- You are able to handle a demanding work schedule and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- You have a strong strategic, action-oriented mindset and ability to investigate and learn new domains and technologies.
What’s In It For You?
- Be part of a growing organization that values initiative
- Room to expand your knowledge
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 3 weeks of vacation + personal and sick days
- Healthcare Benefits (health, drugs, dental)
- Opportunity to share your knowledge and learn from the team
- Hybrid work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Small family company
- Diverse, inclusive and environmentally friendly work environment
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before April 17th, 2022. All emails shall have the subject line as follows: Wellington Brewery- Financial Controller
Front of House Staff
Wellington Brewery- Guelph, ON
As a member of the FOH team, you will be expected to perform in various positions such as server, bartender, food preparation and Retail Associate. We expect our staff to be comfortable working in an environment where everyone can perform every position.
About the Job:
• Responsible for the overall Wellington Brewery experience of all guests
• Greeting and welcoming each guest and providing an exceptional experience that is both fun and educational
• Leading guided tours and tastings to both small and large groups
• Conducting structured tastings both at the tasting bar and to private groups
• Assisting with hosting on-site events, private parties and tour groups
• Closely adhering to daily opening and closing procedures
• Assisting with taproom store displays and merchandising
• Rotating beer inventory and stock accordingly
• Daily cleaning and maintaining of the retail, event and outdoor spaces
• Actively participating in maintaining an immaculate and fun workspace
• Attending company meetings and training seminars as required
• Packaging online store orders efficiently and correctly.
• Following all COVID protocols set out by the Company
• Ready to work in all weather conditions, indoor and outdoor.
• Serve food and drinks to our amazing customers
• Other duties as requested
• Must be energetic, enthusiastic and excel working in a team environment
• Experience with a POS system and handling various forms of payment
• Excellent verbal communication, problem solving skills and strong ability to multitask
• Passionate about craft beer
• Must have relevant experience- minimum 1 years in hospitality, ideally in Brewery or working with alcohol
• Any level of Prud’homme or Cicerone beer training would be considered an asset
• Must be Smart Serve certified and available to weekends and special events
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Must be able to work all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Working in extreme heat and cooler temperatures and working around propane heaters
• Ability to carry, move, push and pull heavy items safely
• Able to walk, stand and move around for long periods of time
• Ability to repeatedly lift a minimum of 25lbs and manipulate kegs of various sizes
• Comfortable working in a kitchen as required (food handlers certificate an asset)
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails shall have the subject line as follows: Wellington Brewery- Front of House Staff.
Brewer - Production
Full- time. Various Shifts
Wellington Brewery- Guelph, ON
About the Job:
● Operate and monitor computerized 40hL Brewhouse with a focus on consistency, while maintaining and monitoring the quality and timing of products throughout the stages of production;
● Safely and efficiently following brewing recipes to create high quality wort;
● Assisting with yeast management including cropping and pitching;
● Performing sensory analysis with knowledge of off flavours and defects;
● Prepares, organizes and tracks all materials used during the brewing process;
● Assisting Head Brewer with product and recipe development for seasonal and one-off beers;
● Follow daily and weekly Brewhouse CIPs including cleaning floors, tank exteriors and equipment;
● Performing weekend rounds once a month;
Skills crucial to success in this role:
● Strong comprehension regarding beer, the brewing process and the craft beer industry;
● Be reliable, have a great attitude, be a self-starter and have a dedication to quality and detail;
● Team player, someone willing to step outside of role and support team as needed;
● Able to balance multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines effectively to ensure brews are completed on time and to quality standards;
● Ability to work in hot and cold weather conditions;
● Ability to lift 50 pounds and manipulate up to 75 pounds without difficulty;
● Standing or sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and climbing;
● Education in Brewing, Food Science, Brewery Operations, Brewing Science or equivalent experience;
● Must have a minimum 2 years Brewing experience or working in a similar role;
● Smart Serve certification required;
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a
resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 13, 2022. All emails shall have the subject line as
follows: Wellington Brewery- Brewer.