SPA - Mac and Cheese!
April 11, 2020
This decadent, creamy, pub-style mac and cheese is the perfect comfort food and pairs well with our smooth, refreshing, Special Pale Ale. The classic meal with a classic craft beer. Bon appetit!
This recipe is courtesy of Chris Gardner, Kitchen Manager at Ethel's Lounge in waterloo, Ontario. Chris has been with Ethel's for a grand total of 15 years, although having left and returned once or twice and has been cooking for over 20 years in the restaurant industry, as well as in retirement and long term care.
Wellington SPA Mac & Cheese
Noodle of choice (either elbow macaroni or cavatappi)
1/2 lb Unsalted Butter
Small handful of chopped red onions
Small pinch of chopped garlic
Small Pinch of White Pepper
1 Oz Worcestershire Sauce
2L 35% Whipping Cream
1L Stock (Chicken or Vegetable)
16 Oz Wellington SPA
Generous amount of cheddar cheese
(optional) green onion & sliced chorizo sausage
- Melt Butter in a saucepan along with red onion and garlic
2. Add Flour to make a roux...you want a golden brown colour..be careful not to burn...stir thoroughly with a wisk
3. Add Cream and thicken
4. Add White Pepper, Worcestershire and then add in your stock, and Wellington SPA
5. When hot and bubbling, fold in your cheese to your desired consistency.
6. Add Noodles, garnish with green onion or sliced chorizo if desired and Enjoy!
Specail Pale Ale