Sweet ‘n Spicy Upside Wings
May 30, 2021
Sweet ‘n Spicy Peach Wings with Upside IPA
There’s nothing better than the combination of sweet and spicy when it comes to BBQ and Paula from @queenofthegrill put together this amazing recipe for Sweet ‘n Spicy Peach Wings with our Upside IPA. The peach sauce emphasizes the juicy peach hop notes in our Upside IPA and makes for an irresistible sauce for these tasty BBQ wings. And you can’t forget the candied bacon crumble!
It’s a quick and tasty summer recipe that will pair perfectly with a fresh pint of Upside IPA.
2 lbs. chicken wings
Wellington Brewery Upside IPA
Hellman’s smoked peach dressing
1/2 can sliced canned peaches in syrup plus 2 tbsp of syrup
2 tbsp peach jam
1 clove garlic
Tabasco hot sauce, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Your fave BBQ rub. I used my Sweet Heat
2 strips thin cut bacon
• Place wings in a large ziplock bag and pour 1/2 cup Upside IPA and 1/4 cup smoked peach dressing. Mix to combine. Refrigerate and marinade for at least 2 hours. Overnight for best flavor results.
• Meanwhile make the sauce, place about half of the sliced peaches, 2 tbsp syrup, 1/4 cup smoked peach dressing, 2 tbsp peach jam, hot sauce, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
• Place the peach sauce in a small saucepan and add 2 tbsp of Upside IPA. Bring to a boil on medium high heat. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce reduces.
• Preheat grill 350 F.
• Remove wings from marinade and pat the them dry with a paper towel. Discard marinade.
• Season wings. Grill until minimum internal temp 165 F. I like mine at 190 F.
• Brush the bacon with peach jam and place on a baking rack that’s on top or a lined tray. Grill with your wings for about 15-20 min or until the bacon is golden and crispy. Let cool and crumble.
• Toss wings in Peach Beer sauce and place back on the grill until the sauce settles or serve immediately. Top with candied bacon and green onion.
Check out the @queenofthegrill instagram account for more great food and BBQ recipes.
And be sure to enter our Summer Smoker Giveaway in partnership with Pitmasters Choice Pellets where we’ll be giving away a grand prize that features a Yoder Competition Pellet Grill as well as some other great prizes. Enter here!