Upside IPA Citrus-Mint Shandy Recipe
April 23, 2021
This shandy is the ultimate warm weather beach potion, featuring our hazy, juicy and tropical Upside IPA! The simplicity of this beer cocktail is only outmatched by how hugely refreshing it is. The addition of freshly squeezed grapefruit and lemon juice adds a tangy, sour punch that lifts the stone fruit and citrus flavours already present from Citra, Cascade, Centennial, and Amarillo hops. The addition of a fresh mint sprig blossoms this lightly-carbonated drink and adds a crisp, fresh aroma to cut through the sweet & sour citrus fruit.
Upside IPA citrus-mint Shandy
- 1x473mL can Upside IPA (colder the better)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 20oz glass
- In a frosty 20oz glass, add freshly-squeezed grapefruit & lemon juice.
- Pour in one can of Upside IPA.
- Take 1 mint sprig and clap firmly between your hands to release the oils, drop it into your shandy.
- Enjoy! Top off with a single ice cube or garnish with a lemon wheel if desired.
This easy-to-make beer cocktail only requires 4 ingredients and is the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and bitter for a refreshing backyard or patio drink to quench afternoon thirst. You can also halve this recipe and make two smaller shandys with one can of beer, but trust me when I say these go down fast on a warm day!