We're Hiring - Packaging Operator
July 31, 2020
6 month Contract - 15 - 40 hours per week
Wellington Brewery- Guelph, ON
Wellington Brewery is Canada's oldest independently owned microbrewery. Based in Guelph, Ontario, we craft our award-winning beers in small batches using the freshest all-natural ingredients. As an independent and locally owned brewery, we take pride in being an active member of the community, taking part in countless events and supporting charitable causes. We believe that beer is best when it’s fresh and made in our community.
We have a fun and inclusive work environment that encourages staff to learn about craft beer through staff samplings and beer events. We also offer some pretty great job perks including a bi-weekly beer allotment. Our brewery team is a close-knit family and we regularly host company lunches and gatherings.
About the Job:
- Pack-off cans and bottles into designated format
- Clean and fill kegs into required format
- Tray erection including date coding and stamping
- Take part in daily cleaning of all equipment
- Ability to perform QC checks on all packaged product while running the line
- Ensure daily packaging goals are met
- Set-up packaging station for daily requirements
- Perform other similar brewery related duties as required
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- Be reliable and have a positive attitude
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment in hot and cold temperatures
- Ability to frequently lift 55 pounds, manipulate 165 pounds and stand for long periods of time (8-10hrs)
- Routine pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching using wrists, hands, shoulders and/or fingers.
- Flexible schedule, willingness to work a mix of days, nights and weekends.
- Experience working in a production brewery is an asset.
- Passionate about the craft beer industry
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, August 7th. All emails shall have the subject line as follows: Wellington Brewery- Packaging position.
Wellington Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected rights. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process, please just let us know and we will make sure your needs are met.